Saturday, September 02, 2006

Little things mean a lot!

last week i took notice of a few things - small they may be, but these small things actually make a big difference:


  • my neighbour offered to cook me a meal when i had migraine
  • as i was leaving for work in a hurry a friend packed me a sandwich for breakfast
  • someone offered me their seat on a crowded underground train (added bonus: it was rush hour!)
  • i paused to eat a meal outside my workplace in silence
  • i offered my seat in the bus to an elderly man
  • i saved some of my dinner to share with my flatmate
  • from across the atlantic, i received a beautiful letter from an old friend (a real letter, sent by real post!!! yes, they still exist!)
  • i smiled broadly at the bus driver and said 'thank you' at the end of the journey
  • the taxi driver wanted to talk about his life - and i really REALLY listened - and he thanked me from his heart.
for all these little blessings, i am very grateful.

No comments: