Friday, September 22, 2006

Cooperation is love in action

Some of you may of heard of the event "Just A Minute" – it has been blogged about here. Well, sometime ago a beautiful idea came to my mind, about getting a group of friends together and friends of friends and having brunch before going to the "Just a Minute" launch event by the
Brahma Kumaris. The aim being to share:


good company + good food = love in the heart

A perfect start to a very special day. It’s a simple equation. When I added up the numbers there was going to be around 40 people (have you ever cooked for 40 people?) The reason why I am
telling you this is because I was so struck by what happened when a group of individuals came together all with the same aim in mind. I was amazed every single detail was thought about (not by me!)It was like perfect synchronicity – I came back to the house late the night before the event to find that all of the furniture had been put into the right places - even flowers in a vase. On the day the food that people decided to make for the day and the combinations worked perfectly, gifts for the guests had even been thought of! The right amount of people at the right time were
there to help and get it all ready in the morning, 40 falafel wraps were created on the day! Extra chairs came from people we didn’t know had extra chairs. Then too, people turned up in the evening to finish the food we couldn’t finish earlier on! Help was there to clean everything up – this too really!!! made an impact, as I was tired, seamless??? Even more, the next day the food that was left over was taken for the morning meditation class with a friend and this amazingly provided lunch for everyone that needed lunch that day! All were very happy. What touched me deeply was power of the gesture to cooperate. This little event was something bigger than all of us, with the time we had available to give to it. So the potential of this power was what really boomed for me that day – and so what did the guests experience? The beauty, the thoughtfulness, the love and the care - I was so stunned by it and I think they were too. Just imagine... if every scene of our lives had this quality to it. I was inspired that day, I thought I want to be cooperative all the time (I know how much I appreciated the cooperation that was shared on that day).

No comments: