Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Overcoming procrastination

There's something I have been putting off for a few weeks. I hadn't even got around to working out why this was, and then a friend asked me how it was going. I just gave a very honest answer about where it was at. I said: I was inactive and also shared my concerns about what was stopping me from moving forward - good old "self doubt." It was great that she asked me about it, if she hadn't it would probably still be clogging up the pathways of my mind and eating away at my self-esteem!

After sharing 'my issue', looking at new possibilities and experiencing the good wishes and encouragement of my friend I was amazed at how quickly I was able to shift and get things moving again.

I now just need to work on having good wishes and encouragement for myself - and to replace the pathways of self doubt. When you think about it there's no such thing as failure if you are always open to learning.

No comments: