Thursday, December 07, 2006

Crossed fingers or an open mind to learning?

I was thinking how most people believe that "everything will be alright in the end". I have held onto this belief all my life. Recently at a retreat in India I became aware of this belief and felt quite attached to it. Another thing that became very apparent whilst I was there was, how it is not just in the end that everything will be alright but that it can be all the time if I am open to embrace the opportunities coming my way. I had to ask myself, am I holding onto anything in this moment: an idea, a belief, a preconceived idea of the response the person I am speaking to will give - I noticed if I think like this that I miss out on the magic of life because I am trying to shape life rather than allow life to bring out the best in me and
give me its gifts along the way.

No comments: