Monday, April 10, 2006

Spiritual vanity


Mirror, mirror on the wall, what do you have to show me today?

Generally no one likes to be told about their weaknesses or to see their weaknesses. I have found though that when I have examined my 'internal' self the result has been that I have gained a better understanding of myself and that this has allowed me to see what I needed to change in my attitude and my vision. However, there is a step inbetween and even before I can change my attitude or my vision I need to accept my own weaknesses and be very gentle with them and find something positive to replace them with. These weaknesses cannot be chassed off so easily. They have been my "friends" for such a long time, coming every time I feel "lonely" to visit me again and again. They keep me company. So let me find new "friends" to replace them i.e. positivity, gentleness, respect, kindness, calm, love, bliss and the list goes on... All I now need is courage, determination, patience and compassion for myself.

PS: When I see the weaknesses of others, they become my weakness - scary isn't it?! (I think I have mine to deal with - thank you very much and I'll leave theirs for them to deal with!)

No comments: