Saturday, August 05, 2006

Patience pays back

A set of lights on my car didn’t work properly and not having much time on my hands, I took the car straight to the garage. I arrived there just after 9am, which is the time they normally open. However, the front door was shut. I inquired in the car-wash next door why the garage was still shut and they didn’t know.
Now I had a choice: get irritated and leave (consequences: waste of energy, faulty lights still there) or wait patiently and see what happened.
Having already invested some of my precious time I decided to wait. Whilst I was waiting I decided to see if I could figure out what was wrong with the lights (I am kind of a DIY person at home, but considering that I don’t know anything about cars, this was a brave decision on my part– well, I just couldn’t stay still:-)!

Anyway, I opened the working lights on the other side of the car and checked what they are supposed to look like when working properly, then compared them with the ones that were faulty and managed to fix them. All done in 10 minutes and for free!!!
I am so glad I didn’t get irritated and left earlier. Being patient allowed me to be creative with my time… well it saved me some money too:-).
By the way, the garage was just starting to open as I was leaving…

No comments: