Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Awakening

A few days ago I visited a friend who lives outside of london - it's amazing how people who have had many experiences, look to be living the high life tend to lose the sense of simplicity and appreciation - the ego is much more at the forefront. In comparison my friend...she is from an older generation, illiterate and her appreciation of everything was quite mind blowing. We were reflecting on life and at one point I asked the question 'how often do we have a thought that we've never had before?...my friends eyes opened up wide like a childs' and very enthusiastically said 'I have - right now!' I asked what it was and she said ' where is the mind?' Amazing I thought...it was because of appreciation, an open mind and a willingness to learn that this thought came to her for the first time. I thought: this is what awakening is...it's when the ego falls...how often do we dare to ask the questions that could shift our reality?...she was and it was beautiful to witness.

No comments: