Saturday, November 25, 2006

Giving HAPPINESS

I have just come back from India. My time was packed with amazing experiences. One such sweet experience happened one day whilst I was having lunch when an Indian family (quite numerous) passed by our table.

Spotting my friend and I sitting at the table they asked us with a lot of enthusiasm if we would mind if they took their photo with us. I am not very much into being photographed, so in my mind my initial reaction was “Oh, not again!”. I mostly tend to agree to this kind of thing but not very willingly. My feelings must have shown on my face as it invoked a comment from the neighbouring table: “This is your opportunity to give happiness, are you going to miss it?” Within a fraction of a second my attitude turned around by 180 degrees. I immediately became enthusiastic about fulfilling their wish and "that" photograph is the evidence for it:-)! The father of the family thanked us and added: “We will remember this until the end of our lives”. I know it might sound over the top, but these were the exact words he spoke.

Very often we can make someone very happy with such little effort. I almost missed my opportunity, just because I don’t like being photographed. I am glad I didn’t miss it though and that was thanks to the person sitting at the neighbouring table. Thank you, I hope we meet again!

No comments: