Friday, May 19, 2006

A Flower Is An Educated Weed

I was taking a walk in a garden with someone who loved her garden...and it was a beautiful garden...she tended to her garden daily. As she pointed out to all the beautiful flowers, we passed by some weeds and she said 'weeds are just plants growing in the wrong place'.


I immediately thought about the weeds in my mind...sometimes we carelessly scatter seeds (thoughts) in our mind, holding onto thoughts that are no longer useful to us, not valuing the garden of our mind and so weeds begin to grow. Using both wisdom and love I can know when, where and what seeds to plant in my mind...and as I discover the weeds in my mind let me not reject them but with compassion, transform them.

~a weed is but a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered~
~a weed is but an unloved flower~
~a flower is an educated weed~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED IT!
if a flower is an educated weed, would you say that someone who masters his thoughts is an educated soul?
take care
B.