Friday, May 05, 2006

a peaceful room of your own


Here is a commentary for busy minds. Imagine having a peaceful room of your own in the middle of a busy street in London! Sounds great!

I am standing in the middle of a busy street… There are people every where, traffic and noise… I see some steps and walk up them… I look back and I see the scene slightly from above… It looks different… I continue to climb up… I come to a door and I open the door… There is a long corridor… I go through the door and I close it behind me… The noise is blocked…
I walk down the corridor… The noise recedes… There are doors on both sides of the corridor but I don’t go through any of them… Then I see a door that I want to step through… It opens into a very simply decorated room…sunlight from above…
a gentle breeze is coming into the room…the carpet is very soft… In the centre of the room there is my favourite chair… I sit on the chair… breathing out all tension… There, I feel totally comfortable...
This room is mine alone… This is my retreat… All my worries melt away… I absorb the silence, stillness and peace… I capture that experience and hold on to it……. I gently stand up and look around with appreciation, because it is my space…
I go back to the corridor… walk down……… I am back in the street now……… I feel such a different feeling now, because of that inner experience.

As you practice this visualisation, it becomes so real that you could just go there and reconnect with that experience.



1 comment:

Yogi Bear said...

thanks for sharing such practical meditation commentary with us... will definitely try it out at work!