Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spiritual Investment

There are good and bad investments. When it comes to investing our money or our savings we are relatively careful. We read about the investment we are interested in and weigh up its risks versus its returns. When we invest properly the return could be many times more than...However when we make a bad investment we not only lose our initial capital but we might also end up in debt.

This also applies to us spiritually. We reap what we sow. We have to be aware of how we invest our energy and thoughts. I have found that when I invest my thoughts positively everything seems to go my way. In contrast, when I start having wasteful or negative thoughts my 'spiritual bank account' goes down quickly and before I know it I am left in a pickle.

So, let me invest my thoughts and energy carefully, beginning by paying attention to my thoughts and by checking my account of thoughts regularly. Where did my thoughts go a minute ago? Were they wasteful or positive, necessary or unnecessary?

Have you ever heard of 'clever' spiritual businessmen? - let you and me be one.

1 comment:

Luis Medrano said...

I consider myself a very spiritual person. I like the way you put it in terms of a bank account, I never saw it that way.