Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stocking for the rainy days

If one lives in London one should never complain about the weather, bad weather is one of the 'givens' of this wonderful city. OK, it is supposed to be spring now, I know. I guess everyone knows too -- and maybe this is why everyone is talking about the weather in such bad mood. Or they're just in a bad mood, period.

A couple of weeks ago, the sun was shining until 9pm, everyone was outdoors, they all had smiles on their faces... like a caterpillar into a butterfly, everyone was 'colourful' and happy. This has all changed, as the weather has. As I rushed out of the rain under the canopy of the bus stop today, a man miserably announced: "tomorrow will rain as well". And turned away. I began to wonder how come we all stock so little sunshine inside of us!

How can a few rainy days (or a few unexpected and undesired events) wipe out all the happiness from us? Are we meant to be fluctuating like plastic bottles on a tide? This feeling of being at total mercy of circumstance does not seem right to me. So I have decided to work on my "sunshine stock", i.e., to cultivate positive feelings, to store inner warmth, to shine pure, vibrating energy, to be above the dark clouds that appear in life. And to be in a good mood, period. Come rain or come shine!

No comments: