Friday, March 10, 2006

Be the Change

So often we look at the problem and not at the solution.

I've tried this a number of times and it's worked - when something doesn't work out or something doesn't feel right...just ask yourself, 'What is it that I need to do now?' 'what is it that I need to change within myself?' Make the change happen there in that moment - visualise yourself being or interacting in a different way. You change the way you feel not by holding onto the negative thoughts but by creating positive thoughts. This is what it means to be proactive and not a passive bystander to yourself and the world. As you change, the world around you will change and will respond differently to you.

I chose the image of these horses because they capture the sense of freedom & vitality when you allow nothing to hold you back...even if that which is holding you back is your own mind - you are able to overcome that with understanding and your own willingness to stay free.

No comments: