Wednesday, March 29, 2006

CHICKEN RUN, EAGLE FLY

This is a story I heard recently...

Once upon a time an eagle accidentally laid an egg amongst some chicken’s eggs. When the egg hatched the chicken community accepted the eagle chick as one of them. They named him Beagle. The chickens in that community taught Beagle well, he grew up learning how to cluck, peck and scratch.


One day Beagle looked up and he saw an eagle soaring in the sky above. He asked the chickens "What is that flying object in the sky?" The chickens replied "Oh, that's an eagle. They are very strong birds. They fly high in the sky and they are very independent and full of strength." Beagle started to flap his wings and imitate the eagle. He even managed to lift off from the ground a little. The chickens teased him continuously though. Beagle then asked the chickens, "Why can't we fly like the eagle?" The chickens chuckled and laughed. "Beagle, we are chickens silly! Chickens do not fly." He then started thinking to himself, "Yes, I'm a chicken and not an eagle. Why even try to fly?"


Do you know what happened?


A few years passed by and Beagle died. He died believing he was a
chicken and never having taken flight.


The moral of this story for me is:

Don't stop with the dream as then it will just remain a dream, instead let me courageously take action to make it come true. Also, never let the words of others deter me from pursuing my dream as at least I will die having had the courage to find out for myself and knowing the truth.

No comments: