Friday, March 17, 2006

Hearth for the World

Whilst I was going to work today on the train, I was comfortably sitting back reflecting. After being so cold outside, I was now so warm, the heating was particularly high. There was a good feeling inside, there was love and warmth in my heart, the meditation had been particularly enjoyable today - an image came to mind, 'a roaring warm hearth on a cold day'. The feelings and the situation all merged into one.

I thought to myself, today I am going to be like a 'hearth', that warm and comfortable place that you are magnetically drawn to when you walk into a room - where there is a sense of deep comfort and peace.


Try this:
First turn up the heating (only joking!)
First light the flame of love in the
heart,
let it grow,
fan the flames with thoughts of unlimited love,
become that flame of love in the mind,
picture it,
let the heart and mind become one - a furnace of love

You are a hearth for the world!

No comments: