Friday, March 17, 2006

Blogging from India

I'm currently blogging from India, Rajasthan. For those who are wondering what I'm doing in India - I'm here to recharge my spiritual battery for the year.The plane journey to Ahmedabad was about 8 hours and I had been allocated a window seat. Normally as soon as I hit the plane I am fast asleep until the plane touches down. This time I was with travelling companions and I was very "thoughtful" to sleep only for three quarters of the journey, so to keep them company. Before landing, the flight attendant requested I lift the shutters up. I looked out of the plane and saw the beautiful scenery of India - sky blue sea and neatly laid out green patches of fields. Those of you who have been to India would know that India does not look anything like that close up.

Then a thought came to me. If I were to go beyond and see everything from a space, all scenes and situations ofmy life would only look beautiful. It is when I go down below that I get caught up with details of the situations and that I allow negativity and stress come to me. Therefore, everytime I get caught up in any situation, I have to learn to take myself beyond the situation and I will see the bigger picture.

No comments: