Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Beauty

Yogi Bear -- really nice! I also have an experience I would like to share... Today I had a beautiful morning meditation and meditation class. I was inspired by the idea to be 'spiritually conscious' as opposed to 'action conscious'. To me this meant that I should see beyond that which is immediately apparent (beyond the 'actions' and the 'roles') and find the true beauty in each one (see the 'actors' behind the 'roles' they play).

So, I got on the bus to work with these thoughts and my attention was caught by a 'fat' lady who tripped and almost fell flat on the floor... immediately the thought came to me "she is not a fat lady, she is a world!" This was such an inspiring thought: that each one of us is a world, full of beauty, rivers, mountains, flowers, dark valleys... We should never judge. We should never just see the superficial because then we miss the beauty.

I then realised that I was smiling broadly for no apparent reason. I knew though: I had just seen pure beauty!

-BOL-

No comments: