Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Contagious Smile

At work last week I learnt something new that wasn't about either cells or their DNA! There is a guy who has been working here voluntarily for 6 months, and he told me that his dream was to become a trainee in this department. My boss is very strict with him as she is with everyone working for her. She is very competent and committed to work and she pushes us all to learn and do as much as possible. This guy is the youngest and least experienced of all of us and we all see that she is harder on him than us. Recently a trainee position became available within the department... and he got it! I knew just by looking at him that he had been offered the position. The worried look had disappeared from his face and had been replaced by a shinning smile of contentment and gratitude. He told me that he was very grateful for everything our boss had done for him. I could not help myself, I had to write her and tell her: it is contagious to look at our new trainee’s smile; experiencing one's dream coming true is a present from life itself. Helping...... that must be even better!. ... I am learning about more than just science here! Tks!
Fuzz

No comments: