Friday, July 14, 2006

Hey Neo, this is the Matrix, take the RED pill!


I went to a talk last week; it was called ‘The Matrix, What Is Reality?’
It reminded me of when I first started out on my spiritual journey, hearing such great things about my true being. I must have looked like Neo, shocked and not quite understanding what it was all about. Still like Neo I choose to take the RED pill to come out of the Matrix, the illusion!

I learnt that I had all the powers I needed to control my life; that I was responsible for everything in my life; that all these negative thoughts were the dream and these thoughts were controlling me and that I was sleeping. Once we were all divine, great beings. Wow!!
Knowing this gives you the power to live your life as you wish to, with dignity.
What if you think you are not ready to hear and act on that reality (but life never gives you anything unless you are ready). You are standing at the confluence of reality and illusion, and you can feel the truth in your veins. You like the sweetness and comfort of that illusion because that’s the only taste you have in your mouth.
I am telling you, that is exactly what happened to me! Then the tests from my old friends of fear, doubt and disbelief came to shake my faith in myself. Like Morpheus says before they jump off the building: “Let it go, fear, doubt, disbelief!”
I remember thinking similarly to Cypher: “Why oh why didn’t I take the BLUE pill and stay in the Matrix, in my painful but sweet comfort zone?” Now there was no margin for blaming things or others or giving excuses not to be my best! I had to take the reins of my life into my own hands! But oh man, these horses (old friends) have been running sooo fast!
Then, Cypher says: “Ignorance is bliss!” Is it?
Even I can say “No!” after so many struggles with my old friends and it’s an ongoing journey!
Nothing can be as sweet as tasting your original beauty even for one second.
That taste convinces you that you ARE that. It is worth trying. If I can, anyone can!
Meditation is bliss, even when you think you can’t concentrate!

No comments: