Tuesday, July 04, 2006

make time for play!

I had a lovely day today...a group of us went to Kew Gardens for a picnic - it was lovely to get out of the 'work' regime and the day-to-day pace of city life. I have to say it took quite a stretch for me to go just because I was feeling the pressure of work, but what continues to ring in my ears is 'make time to play' - it's like an injection of spontaneity, newness and connectedness with others...I'm not sure why it is, but when you go against or go beyond the habitual grain of what 'I need to do' or 'what I feel is right' and choose to go with the different option...the drama of life opens up providing you with more time and more energy.

So, it's the beginning of the week and as I know that if you put a thought out there it encourages you to do just that:)... everyday this week I will say 'yes' to something that I would normally say 'no' to...after all it is in fact fear or ego that makes us say 'no'? A word that comes to my mind is surrender...just let go of the rigidity of 'I' - get to know what this 'I-ness' of ego feels like...and then discern what's right for the soul.

I'm still trying to understand this thin line between what one feels is right for the self and what in fact makes one stagnant...letting go vs. taking responsibility - any thoughts?

No comments: