Monday, October 02, 2006

Grace

Two words that have been coming to my mind recently…are ‘hesitation’ and…on a more positive note ‘grace’:)

I received a reply to an email I had written a few days ago…that made me aware of my ‘hesitation’…in fact I was only trying to make sure that I was doing the right thing…I suppose being careful but careful of what? Maybe so not to make a mistake – the reply stated ‘use your discretion!’

Yesterday evening, I went to a talk on ‘Calm Revolution’ and you may have heard of the speaker ‘Sister Jayanti’ – a meditator of 38yrs and I heard someone commenting on her ‘grace’ – why did I like this word so much…the idea of being graceful – I realised that it’s because it is the exact opposite of hesitation – grace is by nature the absence of pain, difficulty or hesitation.

Interestingly enough – the more I think about ‘grace’ the image that comes to my mind is that of a swan. Swan’s are known for their ability to discriminate between a stone and a seed pearl. So it’s using my discrimination power – the ability to discern between right and wrong…firstly I need to be in touch with my own truth…where there is truth – my intention will be clean and I will be confident in the choices I make…in fact when I don’t hesitate, I will less likely make mistakes and others will trust my decision…

No comments: