Monday, October 23, 2006

Temporary living

It has been almost 3 months now that my husband and I have been staying with his parents due to our "house situation". Before we moved in I said to myself: remember that this is just a temporary arrangement. It seems that carrying this awareness: that it is just TEMPORARY, has helped me tremendously. Knowing that this situation is not permanent and that it would soon change I felt able to say: I am going to make the best out of this situation and take this time to get to know them better. I cannot say that there have been no disagreements whatsoever but knowing this is 'temporary' I'm able to put the negative feelings aside, rekindle the relationship and learn to appreciate them.

When thinking on a deeper level... this may be applied to everything. If I look at every situation, every opportunity and every person as being temporary, then I would see that every situation is a chance to learn something take up every opportunity that I've been given and appreciate the other person I'm with. It is only when I feel that I'm stuck in a situation or with someone do I stop living in the present and start to live in the question box of 'why, what and how'.

However, I have to say the awareness is not always there but at least I have had a glimpse of it and know that I'm now a step closer to opening my perspective to life and learning to see the positivity in every situation.

No comments: