Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Letting life unfold

I've been making trips to and fro to hospitals for the past week. It is not a new found hobby of mine but it was how life presented itself. A very good friend's Mum was hospitalised with undiagnosed lung problems; another close friend's Mum was admitted into hospital with a minor heart attack, and another friend is in hospital recovering from back surgery.

So, I sat back the other day to reflect on these scenes and watching these things unfolding in front of me. Sometimes I like to do this, it helps me to understand the significance of my life's journey. At the moment the hospital trips might be there to prepare me for something in the future? They might be preparing me mentally for having to face something similar? - I don't know. However, I do not want to live life waiting for it to pass me by when I can do something about it right now.

It might not be hospitals next time, it might be something else, but it doesn't matter. The main thing is to capture what life is presenting and then learn from it, apply it and move on.

We can be stuck in the same situation again and again... but until I have learnt the lesson I need to learn the situation will never go away. Someone told me, if the situation is no longer there, then it is an indication I have learnt my lesson!

No comments: