Tuesday, June 27, 2006

everything in one's vision...

I have been thinking a little bit more about how we 'choose' or as may be the case 'not choose' the way we see things. How I see something/someone is usually in relation to how I see myself, which is tricky because then very rarely do I see things as they actually are.

I read something recently that said if you want to change the world begin by changing your vision. When you think about it...when your vision of someone else does change that is for the better, then the way you interact with them will also becomes more positive too. Most importantly of all is how do I choose to see myself as it's through these spectacles that I will see the world around me.

So I've been checking which spectacles I've been wearing. What quality of vision do the spectacles you are wearing give you? Our vision is something so subtle...we often think, let me change the way I am interacting with someone or let me change my behaviour towards someone but rarely do we think of changing how we see ourselves and so how we see each other.

Today I had a go at taking off the everyday spectacles that I usually wear and decided to wear instead the kind through which I don't see the body, the role...but just a star at the centre of the forehead and this star was unique and peaceful. I have to say everything became so much easier and my mind stayed free.

No comments: