Friday, June 30, 2006

World Cup Fever!!

June/July 2006 is really important for a good number of people in the world! Where I come from it is a really magical time! You can see people of all ages and from all sorts of backgrounds: smiling, shouting, biting their nails, weeping… all sorts of emotions are expressed and welcomed!
Hugging and tapping each other's hands whenever a positive result comes… Hoping in the feet of ten guys and the hands of one keeper…. All that energy …. Thousands or millions of eyes watching the movements…. A form of art…. The sound of a ball being kicked … Being able to shout goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll!
I love … seeing people's pride in wearing over their skins the colours of their bit of the earth!
But this year it is different for me… more colourful… I am in a different country and here there is a mixture of every country, of every nation, and everyone is given space. You not only see the flags of this country but of all nations… together…. Can we be like this outside this period? Can we maintain this respect that is bigger outside the fields I think we can… I think we can choose to… I will!!!!! ….but….. I still hope my green and yellow wins…if not though…' the gusto, ardour, liveliness, alacrity, avidity will have made it worth it! It is part of being alive, part of the biggest match! The match of life! Fair play for all… including the play of life! In this… may everybody win!!!

No comments: