Wednesday, June 21, 2006

World cup fever! *Goooaaallll*

It's the world cup fever again! I'm not a soccer fan but when the world cup arrives I find myself in the swing and joining in the commotion around town. I like watching matches with unpredictable teams playing, it is much more exciting and not regimented.

When England was playing against Trinidad and Tobago the whole country came to a standstill. I was driving home from work during the match after work and the streets of London were dead. It was great day for drivers, cruising home in stress-free traffic conditions.

I was looking at how much energy is being generated across the world whilst the world cup is happening. Every goal scored is scored with such intensity. If everyone was to come together with one aim, one support for one positive goal and with such energy we could work wonders could be achieved in the world. However, we all have our own motives and agenda. Until we are able to rid ourselves of these selfish agendas of 'I want' and 'I need' then transformation of the world cannot take place. Let the commotion of positive thoughts start with me...

No comments: