Friday, June 02, 2006

What I paint on my face...

I went to see the Blue Man Group last week and it was excellent. I would recommend everyone to see that show. It's ingenious and full of life. I can't tell you more than there are, three men in blue performing on drums and using props in such a clever way. What captured me most is, the three blue men do not speak. They just communicate with each other and the audience through their eyes and body language.

I found it amazing how we do not need to utter a single word for others to figure out what we are thinking or feeling. Everything is written on our face and shown through our body language. If someone who has gone through hardship they will have lines written on their face or if someone is going through depression they will have they eyes, face and body language of hopelessness. I have to be careful what I 'draw' on my face as it reveals my internal state. What kind of face do I want to have? - I ask myself. I want a face that sparkles, eyes that twinkles and personality that shines through my behaviour.

No comments: