Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Salary Dropped & Increased Wealth

After many years working in banking, I have decided to change careers - and the change could not have been more radical: I am now working for a charity. Well, I knew I would not get the same salary in the new job as I had in my previous one, but the drop was HUGE! In the first months, it was hard to adapt. But as time went by, I realised that my life had not changed that much (I could still do pretty much everything I used to do before). Most importantly, the change was all for the better: I was doing a much more meaningful job and I realised that one can live very well with less. I also saw how my consciousness changed: from one of fear (of lacking something) to one of freedom (from depending on a lot of money). And I realised also that abundance comes from within. It is a result of fulfilment and of being eager to share. Has anyone had a similar experience?

The equation goes like this:
Daily life + meaning = fulfilment = sense of wealth.
With more fulfilment there is less desire. With less desire there is less lacking (with or without money). Does that make sense?

No comments: