Friday, June 09, 2006

unshakable yo-yo!


As a teacher I have had to learn how to work with different people at the same time, to take one topic and the students' different interests into account and make them all happy and content. Imagine 10 students, 10 lives and 10 stories in 10 heads!
I am really learning that 'imagination' and misunderstandings are the biggest blocks between the students and me. When I forget my role and get too emotionally involved..... I have sometimes thought of putting up a sticker on my forehead saying:
DETACHED!
The other day a student made a negative comment about my teaching during a lesson. I wilted a bit! Just a bit! Then later on in the day
I saw her in the supermarket. We were in the same queue and she began to tell me about how much she had learnt this year! I said to myself, 'see Funky, how you cannot base your self esteem on other people’s opinions if you don't want to be like a yo-yo, up and down!
I am feeling dizzy! I want to be immovable and unshakable in front of defamation and praise and love myself for who I am!'

No comments: