Saturday, June 17, 2006

Relative perception


I am currently at the point of realising how incredibly relative our perception is.

The other day someone asked me to walk up the stairs… and there I was - walking up the stairs in my usual manner. Once again at the bottom of the stairs, I was asked to imagine that I was a king and then I was asked to make my way back up the stairs again. I found myself straightening my back, lifting my head and slowly stepping up. I was the same one, I just had a different perception of myself. I was walking up the stairs as a king would:-).

The summer is now coming. Next time it gets very hot outside, imagine that you are a master of coolness and see how you feel! I tried this and it made a 6 hour journey on a coach enjoyable even though the temperature was more than 50C (the bus didn’t have air-conditioning).

This proves that I can really change my perception!

No comments: